It's easy enough to make sticky rice in a large pot on the stove without special steamer baskets or homemade facsimiles. Sweet or glutinous rice is sugar-free and gluten-free. Adapted from Tablespoon.com
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3.5c h20
- 2c sweet rice
- Let rice soak in h2o for 30min - 4 hrs
- Add salt and stir
- Bring to boil over high heat, then turn down to medium
- Cover partially and cook for 10m. DO NOT STIR.
- Push rice out of center with a fork and check for water..
- Continue cooking till water is absorbed, 5-10m
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10m before serving.